What does “Think Excellence” mean? It means quality is in your mindset. Learn things right, establish foundations, get timing down and present yourself and your music in a better light.
Learning a new instrument can be exciting, but intimidating, when you don’t where to start. The gift of music is worth the time and effort, but sometimes you need a boost. With a patient guitar instructor you’ll be playing songs before you know it. Usually in a month or two.
Based in East Portland, Guitar Lessons Made Simple can help you find that path. With 20 years of experience, I teach acoustic guitar lessons in Gresham, Oregon. with a focus on creativity and songwriting. Also electric and keyboard. But we’ll start with fundamentals.
Invest in Yourself
Here’s what you get with lessons:
- Develop your creativity- Learn to think off the page. Find where music is already within you and pursue an outlet for your creativity and imagination.
- Develop discipline and focus- Establish basic practice skills you can apply to music, academics and life in general.
- Mentorship and accountability- Online resources and books are great, but I can do you one better. Personalized coaching with a goal in mind will help you learn much faster on your path to awesomeness.
- Personalize your learning- Work with your guitar teacher to establish goals based on your skill level and pace. Work on styles and songs you like and develop YOUR creative voice (as opposed to just copying riffs).
- Music studio- Learn like a rock star at Dosay Records Studio in Gresham as you take lessons in a creative atmosphere where Portland bands practice and record.
- Foundations- Get well-rounded as you learn how to start with the basics, or review them if you’re more experienced.
- Self-motivation- A music teacher needs to teach learning skills that go beyond the class setting. Even when you move on, you’ll be set on learning further skillsets and how to practice on your own with goals. Learn self-teaching right!
Awesome Teacher. I needed to learn some chords to Xmas carols for Christmas on the Guitar and I needed to learn them FAST. With Josh’s guidance and lots of practice, by Xmas I was playing encore performances for family and friends. They Loved it! I highly recommend this teacher, he certainly knows his stuff. -Rachel Dign – Small business owner, massage therapist
Josh has been a great instructor for me. He has worked diligently with me at my pace (very slow), and has been thoughtful about creative techniques that he can use to teach me. I recommend Josh as a guitar teacher for anyone. – Patrick Reagon- Director of Access Services at Providence Hospital
Josh Taylor’s been a member of our church and helped with our worship team for many, many years and he’s well, well rounded and well equipped to teach your son, your daughter or yourself how to play the guitar and learn to do it right. So let me recommend him to you. – Pastor Steve Stewart of Truelife Church in Vancouver, Washington.
Check out the site, there’s a lot of information here you can check out to get started.
Acoustic guitar lessons Portland/Gresham, Or.
123 SE 165th ave, Portland, Or 97233
For pricing, lesson times, etc, click on the pricing page here.