Are you wanting to learn an instrument? What are some things you can do to get started? Or what are some ways to improve what you might know already with the help of a teacher? Read on to find out!
Are you a beginner? Awesome! I just started a free weeklong online course to get you started from buying your first guitar to playing a real song. If you’re interested click here. If you just want to take regular one-on-one lessons, beginner or advanced go ahead and read on!
Learning a new instrument can be exciting, but intimidating, when you don’t where to start. The gift of music is worth the time and effort, but sometimes you need a boost. With a patient guitar instructor you’ll be playing songs before you know it. Usually in a month or two.
Based in East Portland, Guitar Lessons Made Simple can help you find that path. With 20 years of experience, I teach acoustic guitar lessons in Gresham, Oregon. with a focus on creativity and songwriting. Also electric and keyboard. But we’ll start with fundamentals.
Invest in Yourself
- Develop your creativity- Learn to think off the page. Find where music is already within you and pursue an outlet for your creativity and imagination.
- Develop discipline and focus- Establish basic practice skills you can apply to music, academics and life in general.
- Mentorship and accountability- Online resources and books are great, but I can do you one better. Personalized coaching with a goal in mind will help you learn much faster on your path to awesomeness.
- Personalize your learning- Work with your guitar teacher to establish goals based on your skill level and pace. Work on styles and songs you like and develop YOUR creative voice (as opposed to just copying riffs).
- Foundations- Get well-rounded as you learn how to start with the basics, or review them if you’re more experienced.
- Self-motivation- A music teacher needs to teach learning skills that go beyond the class setting. Even when you move on, you’ll be set on learning further skillsets and how to practice on your own with goals. Learn self-teaching right!
- Convenience-With online technology you no longer have to spend time and money driving to your lesson. As we take this remotely, you can learn music within the safety of your home.
Awesome Teacher. I needed to learn some chords to Xmas carols for Christmas on the Guitar and I needed to learn them FAST. With Josh’s guidance and lots of practice, by Xmas I was playing encore performances for family and friends. They Loved it! I highly recommend this teacher, he certainly knows his stuff. -Rachel Dign – Small business owner, massage therapist
The whole reason why I started playing the guitar is because I used to be home, bored and stuff and stressed and to relieve my mind off things.I wanted to pick up something, so I decided to pick up the guitar. -Franco Rodriguez
Josh has been a great instructor for me. He has worked diligently with me at my pace (very slow), and has been thoughtful about creative techniques that he can use to teach me. I recommend Josh as a guitar teacher for anyone. – Patrick Reagon- Director of Access Services at Providence Hospital
So click the button below to book your free lesson. If you would like more information about me, payments, etc. feel free to browse the site.
Josh Taylor, electric and acoustic guitar lessons Portland/Gresham, Or.
For pricing, lesson times, etc, click on the pricing page here.